Friday, July 12, 2013

Brain change - from studio to work

No studio today preparing for back to work. But printed out photos of paintings for VD as I like to have a visual record of studio work at hand.


















Working across forty canvases is challenging but fun. The trick is to keep them moving and not to get too involved with just one.










There are still a few at the earliest stage but I have worked on most about three times now. As long as I finish the weekend having done some work on all forty plus worked more on the panoramas and the small works for GIGS I will feel ok.












Some of the trees feel reminiscent of gum trees but most don't and I don't want to be literal- I'm creating what will be a large installation of small canvases that need to work as a whole.
Playing with shape, colour, paint, how to deal with surface, playing with dividing the composition, paint effects. The familiarity of the subject allows flexibility.


The other project feels more difficult at this stage possibly because it's different to the tree project, smaller scale and working across the suite of canvases rather than individualising them at this stage.





Early days and haven't decided how to 'dilute' the tight patterning but will keep thinking and processing. This will be a long process I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment