Thursday, October 27, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Such a big plane and such a soft landing I didn't realise I was on the ground at Mascot.
Once I stood up, shuffled off the plane via duty free and two bottles of Bombay Gin (!) through passport check and customs, my energy level was on the incline and it was just wonderful to be once again with family.
To breathe in the fresh Sydney air, luxuriate in the sunshine, to smell the gumtrees, to drive across the Bridge and across the Spit...
Sydney is just so spectacular and beautiful. I never take it for granted since I left it 23 years ago.
After some loving mollycoddling from my sister and niece I caught the plane home next day. Arrived home to my loved one, flowers and treats.
Wandered around, a bit dazed, taking in the absolute beauty of my environment. Very different to experience home and garden without my little furry friend of the past thirteen years. He has been lovingly laid to rest in the middle of the lawn downstairs. Gosh it's quiet without the dog.
Nearly a week home. Back at work, feeling refreshed and aiming to keep this bigger fresher perspective on everything. So wonderful to return to my community at work. I am very fortunate.
It's a huge wonderful world with lots of people just like me who love and want the best for their  family. Why not concentrate on the personal and the human rather than on the systems and the numbers.
Am I naive? I know the type to steer away from - the ones that can't cope on the human level, who hide behind their policies, systems, procedures, the 'compliance' factor that blights our lives.
The best leaders, the best managers are those tho have strong human traits like a sense of humour, compassion, an inner life, a joy of life. The synergy that is created through positive human relations will deal with any situation. Life is short and we only get one go.
 I stayed in a fabulous apartment in Spanish Harlem and now remember I live in a fabulous nest in Albury

 Beautiful welcoming flowers
 Light, space, privacy, quiet and the birdsong
 Even on a cloudy day this is spectacular
 Spring is really here and we've had good rain


 Lots of meals on the deck this summer - note the bird has flown the coop
The coral tree is getting ready for another show of red coral blooms by late November
Mischief's grave - next autumn we will plant a Forest Pansy

1 comment:

  1. Mary Jane, i've bookmarked the top two bright yellow room pictures. I'd love my new home to show so much of my personality and taste. Is this your house or the apartment? Jaime

    ReplyDelete